Sunday, July 4, 2010

The course so far...

So far, i have learnt quite a bit about music videos - from the function of a music video to promote the artist and music to using the lyrics of a song as a starting point when making decisions about what the video should look like, also that it is important not to take the lyrics too literally.

We are currently working on recreating this music video by 'She and Him' for a song called 'In the Sun':



As we will be the performers, our choreographer Jasmine has been coming in to teach us the hallway dance routine. I wasn't looking forward to this at first as I hate performing, but we were told to not take it too seriously which helped me to just enjoy learning the dance - I'm suitably cast as one of the girls at the back of the group which will allow me to enjoy the experience of performing on camera more.

Jake Wynne will be directing this video and he came into class to talk to us about his experiences as a director. We gained insight as to what the music industry is like and watched some of his work directing music videos and adverts. I think he'll do a great job in getting the best out of us as a class and making the video look good. I am looking forward to the workshop and hopefully we'll have lots of fun on the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment